Youth Services Supervisor
October 19, 2017
The Bernardsville Public Library, a five star library, is seeking a Youth Services Supervisor to support all aspects of a thriving department and who will be instrumental in establishing a cohesive and consistent approach to attracting and working with middle and high school students. This is an exempt, full-time position. Please see Personnel Manual for benefit details. The ideal candidate is:
- Fun and energetic with a sense of adventure balanced with patience, professionalism, excellent judgement, and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Passionate about cultivating relationships and developing a rapport with middle and high school students, as well as working with children of all ages and their care givers.
- Comfortable taking initiative and executing ideas with the support of the Youth Services Manager.
- Customer-focused, tech savvy, creative, and forward thinking.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Passion for young adult and children’s reading material, video games, music and movies.
- Team player who works well with other staff members and enjoys collaborating on assignments and projects.
- Flexibility regarding schedule as well as work assignments.
- High comfort level using computers for professional purposes.
- Interest in technology for professional and recreational purposes.
- College degree required
- 1 – 3 years of experience working with preteens, teens or older children. Describe setting in cover letter.
- Must be able to work 1 night per week and approximately one Saturday and one Sunday per month
- Some experience working with younger children is a plus.
- All applications must specify where you saw our ad in your cover letter.
- SALARY: $41,000.00 per year.
Send resume and cover letter, including where you saw the ad, to Tammy Shaw, email@example.com or to the attention of Tammy Shaw, Youth Services Manager, Bernardsville Public Library, 1 Anderson Hill Road, Bernardsville, NJ 07924.