January 29, 2018
READERS’ SERVICES ASSISTANT, Part-Time
The Bernardsville Public Library, a Library Journal Star Library, is seeking a part-time Reader’s Services Assistant to assist with the proper functioning of circulation services and designated patron services under the supervision of the Readers’ Services Manager. The ideal candidate is:
• People-oriented and friendly, energetic, with a sense of curiosity balanced with patience, professionalism, excellent judgement, and a strong sense of responsibility.
• Customer-focused, tech savvy, creative, and forward thinking.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION OF THE JOB
• Performs circulation desk duties: Charges and discharges materials, issues library cards, reserves items, reviews interlibrary loan requests, responds to patron account questions, empties book drop and shelves books and other materials
• Assists patrons in finding information and resources
• Provides reader’s advisory services by developing knowledge of the library’s holdings, and locating and recommending books to patrons
• Explains and interprets library policy
• Understands how to use the online catalog and the Internet
• Opens and closes the library as scheduled
• Assists with recordkeeping functions for library’s ESL classes
• College degree preferred
• Must be able to work 1 night per week and two Saturdays and one Sunday per month
• Some experience working in a library setting is a plus.
• All applications must specify where you saw our ad in your cover letter.
• Monday 1-9:15
• Wednesday 10-6
• Thursday 12 – 5:15
• Two Saturdays and one Sunday per month.
Email your cover letter and resume to Pat Kennedy-Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org.