Poetry Celebration: April 2013
Local poets are invited to submit two poems to Bernardsville Public Library by Friday, March 15 to commemorate National Poetry Month in April. After the submissions are received, the Raritan Valley Federation of Libraries will sponsor the publication of a Poetry Anthology, and poets whose work is chosen for the Anthology will be invited to read their work at their participating library’s Poetry Celebration in April. Bernardsville Library’s Poetry Reading will take place on Thursday, April 18 at 7:00 pm.
Deadline for submissions is Friday, March 15, 2013
- Limit two (2) poems per individual.
- Maximum length for each poem is one page, using Times New Roman font, size 12, single spaced. Longer poems will not be included.
- Poems must be typed in Microsoft Word and emailed as an attachment to: email@example.com
- One poem per page with the poem’s title at the top of the page and the author’s name at the bottom of the page.
- Selected poems will be published in the Raritan Valley Federation of Libraries Poetry Anthology.
- Poems will not be returned.
- All poems remain the property of the author.
- A copy of the anthology will be given to participating poets.
Link here for the submission forms. Please complete the forms (Poetry Submission Sheet and Poet’s Short Biography), scan them and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop them off at the library. All poems must be emailed, even if submission forms are dropped off at the library.
For further information, call the library at 908-766-0118 and ask for Madelyn English.