Bernardsville Library provides volunteer opportunities to young adults throughout the year. All volunteers must complete a Youth Services Volunteer Application and set up a work schedule with the Youth Services Librarian or the Youth Services Assistant.
Youth Services Volunteer Job Description
Under the direction and supervision of the Youth Services Librarian or Youth Services Assistant, Youth Services Volunteers help to prepare craft projects or story time props. They also shelve books, use the OPAC (online public access catalog) to search for books, use the photocopy and Ellison machines, and provide assistance during Library programs. A Bernardsville Public Library Youth Services Volunteer must:
• Be 12 years of age.
• Be able to use scissors, color, draw, and make sample craft projects.
• Know the alphabet and be able to use the OPAC to search for book titles.
• Be able to follow written and verbal directions.
• Be able to provide a regular schedule of volunteer hours; maximum of 2 hours per day and 12 hours per week.
• Be able to attend training sessions on shelving books or shelf reading.
• Call the Library when they are unable to report for volunteer service.
Interested in becoming a Youth Services Volunteer? Click here to download the Youth Services Volunteer Application.