|Business Directory Information
- Companies Online
- If you are unable to find a company’s web site using the www.companyname.com format or by doing a search in google. Try this site which allows for combining state, city, type of business and country.
- Corporate Information
- Research a company, a country’s industry (with 30 industries and 65 countries from which to choose). Over 350,00 company profiles are indexed by their search engine including profiles in French and Spanish.
- Hoover’s Online (free version)
- Easy to read overviews of the world’s companies are offered at this site. A brief company summary is available for free with the in depth company capsules available to subscribers (the Library is a subscriber). Information on company financials, officers, news and competitors is available along with information about personal investing.
- ReferenceUSA Remote access via JerseyClicks
- Search for information on 12 million U.S. businesses. This database can be searched by name, SIC code, yellow page heading, location, size, headquarters, subsidiary, branch, ticker symbol, executive and any combination of the above. Access is funded by the New Jersey Knowledge Initiative.
- Researching Companies Online
- A tutorial on finding company information on the web, including professional associations, financial information, and telephones and addresses.
- Thomas Register of American Manufacturers
- Online access to more than 60,000 product service headings and over 150,000 companies plus links to online catalogs and supplier web sites. You must register to get access to information, but registration is free.
- Publicly owned companies with over $10 million in assets and over 500 shareholders must file statements and reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission. From 1994 onward. Two other easier to use versions of EDGAR are
- FreeEDGAR and 10K Wizard
- Annual Report Service
- Features 2292 annuals reports online from the Public Register’s Annual Report Service
- Historical Annual Reports
- From the Lippincott Library, annual reports for 43 American companies in pdf format.
- Offers current market information (with a twenty minute delay), charts and historical quotes
- Finding the value of old stock/bond certificates
- Do my old stock certificates have any value? is a frequent reference question. This guide prepared by the librarians at Suburban Library System in Illinois outlines the research process step-by-step.
- Multex Investor
- Offers information on US and non-US companies and provides both free and for fee reports to registered users (registration is free). At the “Advanced Search” screen it is possible to search by company name, industry, research provider and analyst.
- Provides free quotes, news and investment tracker.
- Provides real-time quotes and other financial information for investors.
- Stock market news, quick quotes, market monitor, portfolio tracker, financial glossary and calculators and investment advice for different life stages.
- A business directory and search engine. The directory contains more that 25,000 categories and subcategories. In-depth and updated profiles on 58 industries and business news from the Financial Times, Industry Standard, Dow Jones and Reuters.
- Business Wire
- Business news information with a seven day archive. Search by day or by geographic region.
- Provides business news, stock quotes, and maintains lists of top companies.
- Yahoo Finance
- Stock market news, business news, stock research, investment information, and international business information.
New Jersey Business Information
- NJ Division of Revenue Business Services (Commercial Recording)
- Explains options for mail, over-the-counter, telephone and online access services.
- Business Gateway Services
- Access to the online services the Division of Revenue provides for business, including forms, filing instructions, tax information and status report look-ups (free and fee).
- New Jersey Business and Industry Association
- 17,000 member industry association which lobbies on behalf of New Jersey businesses and publishes the popular New Jersey Business magazine. This site includes a news center, issues impacting business, political action, events and programs and money saving benefits.
- New Jersey Business Resource Center
- Statistics about New Jersey, information about financing and incentives, an interactive mapping tool, quality of life data, and links additional information about New Jersey business concerns.
- New Jersey…open for business
- Divided into four sections ( start a new business, relocate a business to NJ, maintain your existing business, and do business with government) this site leads you to relevant sites, forms and contacts.