Winter Camp: Dec. 26-27
December 22, 2019 // Filed under Blog
Winter Camp at Bernardsville Public Library is time during the holiday vacation for families, friends and neighbors to come together to enjoy and explore free activities for children. There will be one event after another on Thursday and Friday, December 26-27! All the programs are free and no sign-up is needed.
Start out with Boxing Day on Thursday, December 26 from 10:30 am to noon, when children ages two and up accompanied by a caregiver can drop in to play with the best toys ever—empty boxes of all sizes and shapes.
At 3:00 pm on December 26, children ages three and up will get creative with a cheerful winter craft that is sure to chase away the post-holidays blues.
That same evening at 7:00 pm, meet live wolf dogs from Howling Woods Farm. Learn all about these beautiful and mysterious creatures. This program is for children ages 5 and up with a caregiver.
On Friday, December 27 from 1:00 to 3:00 pm, join us for our Science Fair, a two-hour science extravaganza presented by Mad Science. Explore, discover, make, and take! Science has never been so much fun! Plan 10 to 20 minutes for each activity:
• Electricity: Experiment with a Van de Graff Generator, Plasma Circle, Whimsler Machine and other cool electrical experiments. Take home a static electricity stick.
• Optical Illusions: Observe strange hidden 3D images, transparent floating objects, and more. Take an optical illusion to make at home.
• Dry Ice: Ever wondered how the infamous fog effect is generated? With dry ice! Not only is this extremely cold form of carbon dioxide good at fogging up a room, it is also used to illustrate several other cool effects. Each child will take home a Color Changing Cup.
• Slimy Science: Discover the ooey, gooey origins of plastic and find out why plastic is so hard to break. Make slippery slime to go!
• Chemistry: Explore the magic of chemistry and make a crystal garden to take home.
• Bouncy Balls: Find out how bouncy balls are made. Join us in the bouncy ball factory and transform special crystals into real bouncy balls that can bounce all the way home!
Unless noted as a drop-in program, all events begin promptly at the start time. Caregivers are required to remain at all events. There is no charge to attend these programs and no sign-up is needed. Call the library at 908-766-0118 for further information.
<< Go back to the previous page